The Magalia cemetery, approximately3.6
acres, is located at the intersection of Magalia Cemetery
Road and the Old Skyway in the unincorporated community of
Magalia. The District purchased three adjoining pieces of
property for expansion of the cemetery, adding approximately
one acre of land area. John Hupp gave the original
parcel of land to the District sometime between 1857 and
1860. The oldest marked greave is date 1860, however there
are several unmarked graves that may be of an earlier date
Onsite infrastructure includes entry gates, paved/gravel
roadways and fencing. The cemetery has a septic system and
the water service is provided by the Del Oro Water Company.
Structures include the District's office, shop building and
niches. A restroom is located within the office and serves
cemetery personnel as well as the public during services.
The Coutolenc Cemetery is located along
Hupp-Coutolenc Road, north of Paradise Lake. A small stream
flows from north to south into Paradise Lake, just east of
the cemetery. The cemetery consists of 2 acres of land. Mr
and Mrs Gene Coutolenc deeded one acre for the cemetery in
1890 and in 1892, Mrs Phoeobe Kitchen deeded an additional
acre to the cemetery. Infrastructure includes an entry gate,
unpaved roadway and fencing. Onsite infrastructure includes
graveled roadways and fencing. There is no water or septic
The Nimshew Cemetery is located about
four miles north of the town of Paradise, near Nimshew Road.
The approximately two acre cemetery has roadway access from
Cemetery Road off Nimshew Road. Saul and Rebecca Rugh gave
the land for a cemetery in 1860, and a Mrs.. Marritt was the
first person to be buried, in 1860 or 1861.
Infrastructure includes an entry gate, unpaged roadway and
fencing. Water service is provided by Del Oro Water Company.
Stirling City Cemetery
The Stirling City Cemetery is located at the
end of Mica Street in the unincorporated community of
Stirling City. This cemetery is approximately 3 acres in
size and only two acres are currently developed with
gravesites. When the Diamond Match Co. laid out the town of
Stirling city, it was a company town. Diamond match donated
the land for the cemetery in 1904, which coincides with the
oldest marked grave. Recently Sierra Pacific Industries, the
current owners of the Diamond Match Lands, is in the process
of donating additional land to the District. This donation
will consist of and additional 75 feet of frontage and 75
feet on the south side to insure sufficient room for future
needs. On-site infrastructure includes and entry gate,
roadways, curb and fencing. The cemetery has a septic system
and water service is provided by Stirling Bluffs
Corporation, which is managed by Del Oro Water Company.
Structures include a storage building and niches. A restroom
is located within the storage building and serves cemetery
personnel as well as the public during services.
SB 272 Enterprise System Catalog
Posted June 22, 2016